Third Grade Rocks

I have been in third grade classes over the last week or so in preparation for the Cognitive Abilities Test - to be administered to all third graders next week. We (students and I although some un-named teachers have been super-interested!) were going over types of problems they will see on the CogAT. These problems are really like puzzles, and I've been relieved to see how comfortable students have been with them - even when they get more challenging!

In Ms. Leppard's class today, I was in time to see part of their morning meeting. Each morning they have a greeting - today's was bon jour -  that they share with a handshake around the circle. It was so cool! What an incredible way to build community and global citizenship.

Please don't think that this is the only class where I've seen such awesome stuff! I have been SO impressed with the level of teaching, learning, and engagement in all these classrooms! Third grade rocks!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurtz to You!

3rd Grade: Fat Cat

Magnet School Info for Potential Kindergarteners