Information and Summer Wishes

Wow, this is it! I'm watching 5th grade play kickball in what will be their last recess here. Touching!

I wanted to say thanks for all the support I've received from the Jones community. This is only my second year here, and I feel welcomed and appreciated.

I should note that AIG services for sixth graders receive a major re-assessment - based on the same measures we've used in the past, aptitude and achievement. Our cut-off scores have moved to 90th percentile, but we're looking for patterns of performance over all the existing measure we have - namely EOG, MAP, iReady, and other scores including the Cognitive Abilities Test - which sixth graders will take again in the fall. You'll hear more about this from jo.landreth@acsgmail.net and mary. nichols@acsgmail.net. Fifth grade students all received a letter from the AIG program as well as a personal letter from me in their folders this week.

Rising fourth and fifth graders, for the most part, will receive the services they've received this year, according to how their initial AIG plans were written. I'm happy to chat early in the new year - our SCHOOL new year which begins for students on 8/29/16.

Have a great summer!

Who are those handsome fellows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurtz to You!

3rd Grade: Fat Cat

Magnet School Info for Potential Kindergarteners